Health and Safety/Sustainability
We’re committed to achieving Zero Harm across our businesses.
For us, Zero Harm means:
- Zero fatalities
- Zero permanently disabling injuries
- Each business unit aims for zero accidents and injuries.
Only by setting the highest standards for ourselves will we be able to retain the trust of our customers and the people using our infrastructure.
Zero Harm means delivering on the following shared commitments:
- Eliminating fatal risks: All our businesses will identify fatal risks and establish Zero Harm design, management and behavioural protocols to eliminate them.
- Eliminating hazards: All our businesses will identify and plan out hazards in all activities they undertake.
- Maintaining Zero Harm day to day: All our businesses will establish and maintain management, monitoring, review, audit and assurance systems geared for Zero Harm.
- Keeping the public safe from harm: All our businesses will manage and maintain Zero Harm levels of separation, security, monitoring and stewardship to safeguard members of the public from exposure to our hazards.
- Keeping all our people healthy: All our businesses will conduct health checks and health risk assessments to ensure there is no long-term harm to health from working in our business.
- Working with our customers: All our businesses will enlist the support and co-operation of customers to achieve Zero Harm.
- Making safety personal: All our people will make safety a personal commitment.